So, today I was assigned to rip apart platforms. As I labored, hitting them with hammers and mutilating them with crowbars, my boss came up to me and said, "I just want you to know, you're ripping apart history. Those platforms are like 40 years old." That explained why they were built with nails. But as I continued my rampage of destruction, I took some time to thoughtfully ponder their history.
What shows have these platforms seen? Hello Dolly? Our Town? Brigham: The Man and His School--the BYU Musical of the Century?
What great legends have walked these worn steps? The real Janet Van de Graaff, class of 1988? That's the only person I could think of... here's a photo.
A part of history died today. But we kept the wood, so the platforms will live on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey! So I stumbled across you blog and I wanted to say hi! I also wanted to tell you that I love it. I was smiling the whole time I was reading. You still remind me of the Carter who was one of my best friends in 1st grade. :)
ReplyDelete-Michele