So, the last few weeks have been filled with the craziness of work and midterms: a whirl of Frankenstein and Hudson sprayers. I just finished Frankenstein last night and it was an experience. If you haven't ever read it, you should. Read it. Read it. Love it. And what's a Hudson sprayer? It's one of those things they use to put pest control on your house. The BYU Scene Shop uses it to spatter paint...
So, I've been working in the Scene Shop now for a little over two months. I feel like I'm beginning to get a handle on things... mostly. The other day I was stapling some erosion cloth to a 20-foot column while my coworker sponged it with some paint. We were just talking and she heard something on the radio which made her stop and exclaim:
"Oh, that makes me want to watch Star Dust!"
"What's Star Dust?" I asked.
"What?! You've never heard of Star Dust?"
"No, it must have come out while I was gone."
"Oh, I love that movie. Are you sure you've never heard of it?"
"I don't think so."
"Really? Peter talks about it all the time in here."
-pause-
"Who's Peter?"
"You know, Peter."
"No, I've never heard of Peter."
"Yes, of course you know Peter, he works here."
"I've definitely never heard of Peter."
"Yes, you know Peter, he's good friends with Chelsea--"
"I know Chelsea. I've never met anyone named Peter."
"Yes, you have to, he works here, he's in here every day!"
-pause-
"Are you kidding me?"
"No."
"I have no idea who you are talking about."
And that was the first and last time I ever heard of the employee named Peter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Stardust, definitely worth watching
ReplyDeleteHaha... This post makes me laugh. The same thing happened to me on the grounds crew last summer.
ReplyDeleteI love this story soooo much. And Stardust is great. As great as all the other movies you still need to watch!
ReplyDelete